An email service that is free and web based, AOL mail is obviously being offered by AOL. Sometimes referred to as AIM Mail, AIM indicates AOL Instant Messenger. Particularly, this is AOL’s instant messaging service. In 2012 during its summer season, AOL Mail got a different look. This is the first of the few important changes it made in the last 5 years.
With no cost at all, accessing an aol.com login offers you the next features: email storage that is unlimited, an email attachment limit of 25 megabytes, account expiry of 90 days when you are inactive, POP3, IMAP, and SMTP supported protocols, other email account connections like other email providers such as Gmail and Hotmail, while in the email account you have ads display, embedded links in emails that are automatically disabled and can simply be activated by the email user, spam protection, virus protection, spell checking; a complete buddy list by the AIM Panel including indicators which show the presence of online buddies as well as sponsored and popular web site shortcuts, the ability to unsend an email to other AOL or AIM mailboxes, accessibility to domains other than @aol.com such as @games.com, @wow.com, @love.com, and @ygm.com, and support for SSL/HTTPS after you log in.
If you need to know how to access your aol.com my mail, just follow the process indicated next:
(1) Key in https://www.aol.com on any web browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and the like. Click the mail icon or the hyperlink of “SIGN IN | SIGN UP” found in the upper part of the webpage.
(2) Afterwards you will be sent to the AOL mail login web page. Another option is to go directly to https://myscreenname.aol.com.
(3) Key in your Email or Username in the first field. After, your password for the second field. Next, click the “Sign In” button that is blue so you can access you account.
(4) Nevertheless, if you forget your password, click the blue “Forgot password” hyperlink found next into the two login fields.
(5) AOL will make you go to the procedure of an aol.com mail login for resetting. Prior to starting, allow AOL to ask for a couple of details from you so that your account is secure. Initially, key in your Email or Username, key in the letters you find to show that you are not a robot. Finally, click the “Next” button that is blue.
(6) If you would like a free new username at AOL, just do the following steps starting from the https://myscreenname.aol.com website or www.aol.com mail login then click the hyperlink that is blue at the bottom of the blue “Sign In” button, particularly the “Get a Free Username.”
It is interesting to note that there is something called the AOL Project Phoenix. A completely new email program designed by AOL, it has a Quick Bar where email messages, text messages, and AOL Instant Messenger messages can be sent from a specific area. It also provides for individuals to send to a maximum of five accounts. It includes a search feature that can load images, attachments, dates, as well as addresses from email messages. Before, when it was being tested, it can only be accessed by invitation only. By September 2011, AOL stopped working on Project Phoenix.
There are a lot of advantages in having an AOL name, like:
• AIM for messaging
• AOL’s All-In-One Desktop Software, which is an all in one experience. This provides instant messaging, browsing, email, search, content, and connectivity via dial up.
• Free Scan’s Assist by AOL that finds viruses, errors, and checks for issues that may slow down the computer you are using by utilizing a fast and free computer scan
• AOL Jobs is job search using resources to help your career transition
• AOL Mobile just portrays all applications and mobile sites from AOL. Simply pick the mobile device you already have and a site list and mobile app list will show up.
• AOL On collects 14 channels based around topics that are interesting to a lot of people
• AOL Radio is powered by SLACKER gives you the ability listen greater than 200 or more online radio stations or create your own music that comes from differing genres, which include ABC News and ESPN Radio.
• AOL Reader is a way to manage news, blogs, and feeds just in one area; works with mobile phones, tablets, and computers.
• AOL Travel helps you find book trips, deals, or get insights on airlines, hotels, and destinations
• Daily Finance is the only tool you would probably need to keep track of all your in just one place and in real time.
• Games.com features the internet’s most popular online games like Jewel Quest, Cubis, Solitaire, and Hearts.
• GPS for the Soul gives a measure for your stress by using substitutes and helps you by giving you music, breathing exercises, and pictures of your loved ones.
• MapQuest Discover helps you to inspire your weekends, your afternoons, and your week long trips
• Moviefone is the main destination of the internet for film news, celebrity interviews, movie trailers, show times, and so much more
• AOL’s MyBenefits Toolbar by AOL gives you automatic access to the benefits of the weather, email, an Advantage Plan, and the news.